Locator Issue

08-23-2017 09:19 AM
PatrickCorley
New Contributor II

For some reason, my address point locator scores all E Dupont Ave addresses as 82.65.    I've checked all the attribution for the E Dupont Ave addresses, and everything looks fine.  I'm not sure what's causing the issue, but I need the locator to score these addresses at 100.  The W Dupont Ave and Dupont Ave addresses are scoring at 100.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

The usual:  ArcGIS Version?  Locator Type? Is this a composite?

Can you share the data your locator(s) is/are based on?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
PatrickCorley
New Contributor II

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

If you could provide the three records of you point feature class that you mention, that would be really helpful. I could then create this style of locator and see if the problem persists for me.

0 Kudos
PatrickCorley
New Contributor II

They are included in the Sites shapefile that was attached

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Sorry about that-  I was just looking at my in box notification and the attachments didn't show up there;  I just built my own locator, and all three examples you give hit at 100 for me.  When I use your locator I get no match at all with 112 e dupont ave and 100% for the other two examples. 

I ran your locator against just the 'fulladdress' field to geocode a table; using your locator, I get all of the matched at 100 with the exception of 411A Michigan Ave; it does not match at all

Something is goofy if it works well on a list, but the find doesn't work.  I have heard of the find tool not being optimal sometimes: my only suggestion is to delete your locator, and recreate it.

0 Kudos
PatrickCorley
New Contributor II

I contacted ESRI support and they've reported it as a bug:

BUG-000090900 - The Single House Subaddress locator style has a reduced match score when the address includes an abbreviated direction prefix of E (for East).

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

A bug just for E?  How weird.  All my pre-dirs are one letter though, so I'm not sure why they hit for me....  Ahh the joys of geocoding!

0 Kudos