Select to view content in your preferred language

LOAD OBJECTS CAUSE CRASH

11-29-2010 05:54 AM
BernardSennstrom
New Contributor
Since installing the SP1 for ArcGIS 10 I can no longer load objects. As soon as I pick the Load Objects button the software crashes. Has anybody else had this happen? Is there a fix coming from ESRI other than using a work around like the Append Tool?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
DominicStrollo
New Contributor
Ditto...same thing happened here since we installed the sp.  As soon as you launch the tool, the software crashes.
0 Kudos
NasrullahKhan
New Contributor
Facing same problem soon as installed SP1 on two of our computers, it is a real bug.
0 Kudos
BernardSennstrom
New Contributor
After getting advice for ESRI Tech. Support I un-installed SP1 and now Load Objects works.
0 Kudos
RyanClark
Deactivated User
Just another voice complaining about this. I desperately need the Load Objects functionality back.
0 Kudos
HeatherMinogue
New Contributor II
Load Objects was very tempermental before installing SP1, crashing often but working sometimes. I installed SP1 in the hopes that it would solve the problem. Now it crashes as soon as I push the Load Objects button.
0 Kudos
RhondaGlennon
Deactivated User
Please contact Esri Support and reference bug NIM062842: Load Objects command crashes ArcMap in Service Pack 1. It may be possible for you to get a patch to fix this sooner than waiting for the release of ArcGIS 10 SP2.
0 Kudos
HeatherMinogue
New Contributor II
Thank you for the advice Rhonda. For now I have removed SP1 but I will definitely look into a possible patch.
0 Kudos
SteffenPeter
New Contributor
Hi Rhonda,

at this time NIM062842 should be fixed in version ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 SP2.
There are no more information about a patch earlier.

Do you have more information about?

Sincerely,
Peter
0 Kudos
HeatherMinogue
New Contributor II
I was told the same thing - it will be fixed in SP2 but unsure as to whether a patch would be available prior to that. Sounds like SP2 will be out in March.

I uninstalled SP1 and Load Objects worked again (the problems I had before installing SP1 were my fault, a field was trying to match that I was unaware of).
0 Kudos