Load Data Error

06-24-2013 10:27 AM
TimHayes
Occasional Contributor III
I am using SQL Server Express 2008 R2, ArcGIS Server 10.1, ArcSDE 10.1.

I created a new SDE Geodatabase with Feature Classes. I want to load data from existing Feature Classes in a File Geodatabase. When I right-click the feature class, choose Load, in the SDE Geodatabase, as the data is loading I get the attached error message.
The result is no data gets loaded into the feature class.

I have another, already existing, SDE Geodatabase which when I load data into it's feature classes it works with no problem.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor
Timothy -

A few questions for you:

1.  By chance, is the Feature Class stored in a Feature Dataset?  If so, did you alter the projection of the Feature Dataset recently?  How?  May be related to NIM084357.
2.  Do you have any relates and/or attachments created on this feature class?  If so, remove the elements, load the data, and rebuild the elements.

Regards,

Robert LeClair
Esri-Denver
0 Kudos
TimHayes
Occasional Contributor III
No it is not a Feature Dataset. They are all Feature Classes.

When I originally set up my Feature Class Schemas using X-Ray Geodatabase. This was done in a File Geodatabase. It defaulted all the projections to WGS84. I changed them to CSPS NAD83 Zone 3 Feet. After this I copied them into my empty SDE Geodatabase. When I tried to load data into each Feature Class I got the error I mentioned earlier.

However, the problem seems to have been fixed.

I loaded all my data for each Feature Class in a separate File Geodatabase. Then copied these Feature Classes into my empty SDE Geodatabase. No problems. To test if I could now load data into a Feature Class while inside my SDE Geodatabase. I then created a new Feature Class inside the SDE Geodatabase. Loaded data into it. No problems.

Not sure why I could not reproduce this problem.

I also rebooted our GIS Server twice. Maybe this caused the problem to go away. Like the experts say...if all else fails...reboot!

thanks for the help.

Timothy -

A few questions for you:

1.  By chance, is the Feature Class stored in a Feature Dataset?  If so, did you alter the projection of the Feature Dataset recently?  How?  May be related to NIM084357.
2.  Do you have any relates and/or attachments created on this feature class?  If so, remove the elements, load the data, and rebuild the elements.

Regards,

Robert LeClair
Esri-Denver
0 Kudos