Licenseserver throws 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT)

11-20-2012 12:14 AM
ToreTjøtta
New Contributor
Hi

We're having a weird issue. We are at 10.1 SP1 and on Oracle 11.2.0.3.0 64 bits version.

Our process is like this:
We have a windows service that on a regular basis starts up another executable file that does the retrieval of the license. If the user that is set up to run the service is not member of local administrator group, we get an exception:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80010105): The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

We're asking for esriLicenseProductCode.esriLicenseProductCodeAdvanced and the extension esriLicenseExtensionCode.esriLicenseExtensionCodeDataInteroperability
If we make the user member of the local admin group everything runs as it should. Also, if we start the executable file from a command prompt it works fine without admin privileges.

We have gone through the wizard to get LicenseIntializer code generated, and as mentioned it works fine when member of local admin. When I try to debug this, I attach a debugger to the service and step through the code. When we reach the point:

esriLicenseStatus status = m_AoInit.IsProductCodeAvailable(prod);

where prod is an esriLicenseProductCode the code just dies with output:

The program '[5652] Replication.Processrunner.exe: Managed (v4.0.30319)' has exited with code -1073741819 (0xc0000005) 'Access violation'.

ReplicationProcessrunner.exe is the executable that tries to retrieve license code. Also, as mentioned, we just have issue when this is started from a service and the running user is not member of local admin.

The "crash" is immedatly, and we have used wireshark to check whatever is going on the wire when trying to get this license. As far as we can see, nothing is ever getting out on the network. It seems like it crashes even before it tries to reach the licenseserver. We have also verified that our settings regarding licenseserver are correct.

To me, this seems clearly like some bug, and we are really stuck here, so any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Tore Tjøtta
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JasonEklund
New Contributor II
I'm having the exact same issue with my windows service.  I have a service that listens for new versions that are posted by our users then reconciles/posts/deletes the version.  I am programming on Windows 7 x64 with Visual Studio 2012 and ArcGIS 10.1.  If I attach to the running process it dies at exactly the same location as yours, code just stops.  I then generated a new ArcGIS Console application which builds the LicenseInitializer.cs class for you and it will run as expected and checkout a license without error.  I just cannot get this to run in the service.
0 Kudos