Intersecting address points with building footprints

12-19-2017 06:49 AM
ChetShuler
New Contributor III

I'm trying to assign an address to a building footprint.

Dataset:

Buildings Prints

Address Points

In some cases I have multiple addresses within a polygon and would like to use the lowest available address.

Attachment shows a couple polygon footprints and address points.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Can you move this question to the space Managing Data‌? This space is dedicated to a product called ArcGIS Monitor that will be released in January 2018. 

To move content please read: https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-2258 

0 Kudos
ChetShuler
New Contributor III

Sorry I haven't use the site a lot.. I believe I moved it.. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
MitchHolley1
MVP Regular Contributor

I would use a spatial join.  What do you mean by "lowest available address"?

0 Kudos
ChetShuler
New Contributor III

I have in some cases many to one. Being many addresses to one building footprint.

0 Kudos
MitchHolley1
MVP Regular Contributor

I understand... but, what does "lowest available address" mean?  The southern-most address? 

0 Kudos
ChetShuler
New Contributor III

The lowest available address number..

Example would be the following address are inside the polygon.

101 Central

103 Central

105 Central

I want to make sure I capture the 101 Central for a result.

I'm reviewing the results and it appears I capture lower of the three.

I'm not sure how to handle all three addresses within apps for one polygon? Is it possible?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Possible yes, but it might require some scripting. I assume the address field is a text field and the number is not stored in a separate field? As suggested earlier, doing a spatial join in which you obtain the ID of the polygon in the point featureclass would be the way to start. Per building ID you would then have to run some code to determine which number (extracted from the text field) is the lowest. You may have some addresses that require some more advance extraction of the house number. Is it possible to share a part of your data?

0 Kudos
ChetShuler
New Contributor III

After reviewing the results I do have a few that did not capture the lowest address number..

I have a couple of shapefiles I zipped but do not see way to attach to my reply..

0 Kudos
ChetShuler
New Contributor III

Yes I can..   I have meeting in a couple minutes. I will reply back in a couple hours with some shapefiles. I really appreciate your interest..

0 Kudos