Select to view content in your preferred language

Installed Arc10 SP3, geocoder slows to a crawl...

10-26-2011 03:46 AM
MarcCusumano
Occasional Contributor
I have been geocoding tables of addresses in Catalog for a few months now with great success. The process has been very quick. However, after recently installing SP3, often times the process will run like normal but then slow to a crawl after a few seconds.

The table, reference data, and address locator are all within a file geodatabase on a brand new SSD drive.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
Have you tried to copy the locators out of the FileGDB and into a folder instead?  This would remove geodatabase operations from the equation and help to get to the bottom of the issue.  Also, can you provide me with your data?

Brad
0 Kudos
MarcCusumano
Occasional Contributor
No I've not tried copying the locator into a folder. The operation from this morning is still running but once it's done I'll try that. I won't be able to provide you with the data as it is confidential, but thanks for the help anyway.
0 Kudos
MarcCusumano
Occasional Contributor
Has anybody else been experiencing this issue? Even copying the table to a .dbf and the reference data into a shapefile outside of a file geodatabase the process is very slow, often requiring up to 48 hours to geocode a reasonable number of addresses (<200K). The process is always run on either a new SSD or a RAM Disk.

I even got the MultiProcessGeocode python script running and it is still taking forever. Before SP3 this process would take no longer than an hour...
0 Kudos
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
Did you try to copy your locator out of the FGDB and into a folder as well?

Brad
0 Kudos
MarcCusumano
Occasional Contributor
Yes I had the table in a .dbf, reference data in a shapefile and the address locator inside a folder.
0 Kudos
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
Would it be possible to get data from you?

Brad
0 Kudos
ErikDavis
New Contributor
Same problem here.  Any resolution to this issue?
0 Kudos
ThomasKonzel
Occasional Contributor
Anyone find a solution to this issue?  I've been searching the support pages but can't find anything relevant; I think it has to do with the Service Packs, but I can't be sure.
0 Kudos