Inspire View Service will not start.

11-09-2011 03:18 AM
georgiospapadakis
New Contributor
Error received below:
Configuration INSPIRE_test.MapServer can not be started.
Server Object instance creation failed on machine MachineName.

Otherwise if we do not click the inspire view service in Capabilities tab, service starts successfully.
All layers are inspire layers.

Any ideas how to trouble shoot this issue?
This is our first attempt at publishing inspire service.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JohnSmaaland
New Contributor
I am having exactly the same problem now unfortunatly...

This used to happen after trying to alter the advanced capabilities but we solved it by creating an external capabilities file.

But now after a re-install I cant even publish the inspire service...

My best guess is its got something to do with permissions...
0 Kudos
georgiospapadakis
New Contributor
hmm. How do you create the external capabilities file? I see the option for WMS capabilites not Inspire View. *The service will start with WMS capabilites if Inspire view is not enabled.

Recreated a new SDE geodatabase with no luck.

We are on
INSPIRE for ARCGIS 1.0 SP1
ArcGIS SERVER 10 w/sp3
SDE w/sp3 on MS SQLServer 10
Windows server 2008 R2 SP1  (x64)
0 Kudos
VipulBhatia
New Contributor
Error received below:
Configuration INSPIRE_test.MapServer can not be started.
Server Object instance creation failed on machine MachineName.

Otherwise if we do not click the inspire view service in Capabilities tab, service starts successfully.
All layers are inspire layers.

Any ideas how to trouble shoot this issue?
This is our first attempt at publishing inspire service.

Does it work for a normal map service with WMS capabilities enabled without use of inspire db?
Also you may enable logging to Verbose and then restart the map service and check the log files ?
0 Kudos
georgiospapadakis
New Contributor
Yes. As stated earlier in the thread the service will start with any other capability except INSPIRE capabilities.

We have gotten closer to troubleshooting the issue after looking at the log files.

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Server10.0\server\user\log
The ArcGIS for INSPIRE license is not available! Status: 20

I have no idea how to obtain and add a license for the INSPIRE extension.
The next logical step is contacting our esri distributor.
0 Kudos
JohnSmaaland
New Contributor
Well, apparantely some of the fields in the advanced properties are mandatory in order to publish the service. At least the error message no longer comes back when i fill in the fields in the top grey area of the advanced properties...
0 Kudos
JohnSmaaland
New Contributor
the necessay attribute for me was External Get FeatureInfo URL,  but I think it varies depending on if sp1 is installed or not I guess...
@xterm: the license for ArcGIS for Inspire is the activationcode you fill in the form in step one of the installation.
This is the first step that unpacks the other files that you use to install the software.
I believe while possible, to skip that step, the software would not be "activated" unless filling out the form with the username, organization and activationcode in the first step.
0 Kudos
EoinRyan
New Contributor
Hi John,

Are you using MS SQL Server for your INSPIRE database?
If so, I believe this might be due to the GEOMETRY_STORAGE parameter.

From the GDB install guide:
Note: If you are installing on SQL Server you will have to change the configuration
string of the GEOMETRY_STORAGE parameter from SDEBINARY to GEOMETRY prior to
importing data. This can be done by running the sdedbtune command using the alter
operation and then the export command to update the dbtune file or altering the value in the
dbtune table within the database. For syntax on running the sdedbtune command see -
http://help.arcgis.com/en/geodatabase/10.0/admin_cmds/support_files/serveradmin/sdedbtu
ne.htm

Edit, for Oracle
The GEOMETRY_STORAGE type in the dbtune file needs to be ST_GEOMETRY
0 Kudos
StuartMellanby
Esri Contributor
a re-installation of the licence worked for me...
0 Kudos