Import xml data failed. Unable to create object class extension COM component ArcGIS 10.4.1

12-23-2016 05:22 AM
MonicaRuiz
New Contributor

I am having this trouble trying to import an xml exported from a 10.0 geodatabase.

I cannot remove the class extension from the original geodatabase because is a productive workspace.

Any help will be great. Thanks in advance. Monica

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

As a workaround:

1. On the machine from where you are exporting that XML, create a new Temporary File geodatabase

2. Import the XML inside that File gdb

Now you have two options:

1. ZIP the File gdb itself and copy it to the desired machine. Here remove the COM component and then use the data, OR

2. Remove the COM component on the first machine itself from the data in the File gdb, then create a new XML file and proceed with your workflow.

MonicaRuiz
New Contributor

Thanks. Do I need a development licensing to run the script? Or how can I run it? I can not find a customization way to run it from Catalog or Map.....

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

There is a simple Esri addin to remove these COM Components. I am not sure if there is a public link to download that. You can contact Esri Tech Support, and they should be able to point you to that.

I am not sure which script you are referring to, so not sure about the licensing for that.

MonicaRuiz
New Contributor

I am refering to this scripts: How to set and remove the class extension for an existing object class 

That is the only one I found to remove the object class....

I couln't find another way

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

I am not really that familiar with ArcObject stuff....so won't be able to answer that question...someone else may chip in here..

However, you can have a quick chat with Esri Tech Support and check what they suggest...

0 Kudos
FlorianCADOZ
Occasional Contributor

Hello everybody !

I've got the same problem so could someone gimme an explanation about "What are those COM component ?" and "what does it mean if I delete it?" ?

I would also like to know, for example, what will be in the old base and that there will not be in the new following the removal of these objects?
Thank you in advance for your answers

0 Kudos