Hi I am trying to use the Geometric Network Configuration Manager (http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=fa4e4cdd3bf64be7a1287fd1fd12e2f1 ) to import a geometric network to an existing feature dataset, but on import it is crashing Arcmap.
I am now using the Geometric Network Configuration Manager addin within Arcmap 10.2.2. The steps I have followed are:
1) Un-version feature dataset - OK
2) Drag geometric network to Geometric Network Configuration Manager and save it on disk - OK
3) Delete geometric network within feature dataset - OK
4) Load data to existing feature classes - OK
5) Import geometric network to same feature dataset - FAIL
The feature dataset is in an ArcFM geodatabase 10.0, built on SQL Server 2008
Has anyone had any success importing a geometric network to existing feature dataset ?
Unfortunately no reply from Richie, who created the add-in.
Does anyone have any other suggestion if there is a way to import a geometric network in an existing feature dataset?
I have also tried leaving the geometric network in the fds and using Object Loader to load 50k pipe features. This causes Arcmap to hang. I have tried creating a feature cache, and also load data in multiple steps, which seems to work but take a long time to complete.