How to see more than 2000 records in attribute table

Jump to solution
05-19-2016 10:58 PM
SheikhHafiz1
New Contributor III

Hi,

Can someone please help me in the following regard?

I want to see all the records of attribute table but it shows only 2000 records.

How can I see it?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Hafiz

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor

Assuming you have ArcGIS 10.0 or later, press the "Move to end of table" button in the lower left side of the table window.  See the button in the red box in the picture below.  The record shown is record 4141 in my table and all records are now visible with normal scrolling and table navigation.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor

Assuming you have ArcGIS 10.0 or later, press the "Move to end of table" button in the lower left side of the table window.  See the button in the red box in the picture below.  The record shown is record 4141 in my table and all records are now visible with normal scrolling and table navigation.

SheikhHafiz1
New Contributor III

Thank you Richard.

I am just wondering if there is any way to make it default so that any attribute table I open it shows all the records.

Regards,

Hafiz

0 Kudos
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor

To my knowledge there is no way to make that a default behavior of the attribute table window.

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is a really good reason this behavior exists. If you open a really big table (say, two million records, not unusual for large datasets stored in an RDBMS) ArcMap could lock up for a good long time.

Would be nice if the value could be modified - I'd probably make it smaller than 2000!

(cross-posting with links to: Managing Data​  ArcGIS for Desktop Installation support​)

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When you see any comment you like, mark it helpful. This up votes so the useful comment will be more visible to others.

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For people finding this thread, there has been a more recent discussion of this topic:  https://community.esri.com/thread/192522-attribute-table-not-displaying-all-records