Select to view content in your preferred language

How to find the object class extension that relates to each feature class/tables at my database in arccatalog?

06-25-2023 11:41 AM
Labels (1)
spiderman90
Emerging Contributor

Hello , 

i would like to check my database at arc catalog , to find which feature class /table relates to object class extension and depends on custom extension .

and to sure if the appropriate class extension are registered on this server 

How to achieve it to check which class extension is usable or not necessary ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

see the ArcFM article below.

https://myarcfm.schneider-electric.com/myarcfm/s/article/How-To-ArcFM-How-to-Get-Object-Type-GUIDs-i...

| Marcelo Marques | Esri Principal Product Engineer | Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional | "In 1992, I embarked on my journey with Esri Technology, and since 1997, I have been working with ArcSDE Geodatabases, right from its initial release. Over the past 32 years, my passion for GIS has only grown stronger." | “ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov |
0 Kudos
spiderman90
Emerging Contributor

@MarceloMarques 
how could I do that with sql developer ?

i tried to check the tables but I did not get the idea .

could u tell me what should I change to write the same script in sql developer ?

thanks a lot for help 

0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

@spiderman90 -

This ArcMap Help link will assist to understand more.
https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/manage-data/using-sql-with-gdbs/overview-geodatabase-sys...

the same query from the ArcFM Support site will work in Oracle SQL Developer.
https://myarcfm.schneider-electric.com/myarcfm/s/article/How-To-ArcFM-How-to-Get-Object-Type-GUIDs-i...
open a new Query Window in Oracle SQL Developer, copy + paste the Query and execute to see if it works, if you have further questions then I suggest you to open a support ticket in the ArcFM Support Site Login (site.com)

I had to change the queries a little to work with Oracle and shall work with Oracle Geodatabase SDE Repository version 10.x / 11.x but if you ran into an issue then is best if you open an ArcFM support ticket.

select * from sde.GDB_ITEMTYPES;

SELECT
items.*
FROM sde.GDB_ITEMTYPES itypes
inner join sde.GDB_ITEMS items on itypes.uuid = items.type
WHERE
itypes.name = 'Table'

SELECT
items.*
FROM sde.GDB_ITEMTYPES itypes
inner join sde.GDB_ITEMS items on itypes.uuid = items.type
WHERE
itypes.name = 'Feature Class';

You can log an ArcFM support case or ask an question in the ArcFM forums.

1. Open the Schneider Technical support page.

2. Create a support account

3. Go to “Log a Case"
| Marcelo Marques | Esri Principal Product Engineer | Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional | "In 1992, I embarked on my journey with Esri Technology, and since 1997, I have been working with ArcSDE Geodatabases, right from its initial release. Over the past 32 years, my passion for GIS has only grown stronger." | “ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov |
0 Kudos