How to convert result of combining in from VAT to Raster Data?

11-10-2012 10:42 PM
NadiChernolutskaia
New Contributor
Dear Forum,

i have problem with in my combining task:
i have combined 4 classified rasters from different time (Rapid Eye) via "Combine Tool" and then i have created new
additional field with name "final land use".Here i got my final classification image applying "Select by Attribute" (for example:
raster1=1 and raster 2=1 then final use raster= 1 (here for class 1 and so on for all other crops). But now i have this additional final field and would like to save it as raster like final classification raster and then get for it the error matrix. Everything i could find was ""Export" : as dbf table only. Is there appropriate way to get as result of combining my 4 images=final land use map?
Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ThusharaRanatunga
New Contributor
I am also working on something similar. In my case, I used a "If, else code block" in Field calculator after combine operation.
for ex:

expression = "lc_change(!lc_1992!, !lc_2011!)"
codeblock = """def lc_change(lc_1992, lc_2011):

# For water (11) in 1992
     if lc_1992 == 11 and lc_2011 == 11:
        return 11
     if lc_1992 == 11 and lc_2011 == 21:
        return 21
else:
return 0

This will give you a field with new values. Then, you can do a Lookup operation or reclass to create a new raster with the values assigned in the new field. This is what I am doing. If you have any other method, please post in here.
It may more efficient if there is a way to  read a reclassifying matrix table directly and assign new values.
0 Kudos