Select to view content in your preferred language

How to convert CAD annotations to featureclass and include it in features attribute.t

10-16-2011 01:49 AM
SeidMelesse
New Contributor
When I want to covert CAD data to GIS feature classes, I can only manage the polyline or polygon part by changing them to feature classes. But the written information on the CAD (The Annotation) which I want to feed on the attribute table of the converted polyline or polygon is taken manually by looking each feature spatial and written Data on Both ArcMAP and AutoCad and adding informations from the Autocad Annotation to the attribute table of the each feature manually in Arcmap.

My question is
�?� Is there any mechanism of Automatic Conversion of the Annotation Information to each respected Features attribute table records?
�?� When I open the annotation on the Arc MAP the displayed (labeled) thing is nonsense (converted to non understandable language) what is the reason for that? If there any conversion mechanism in ArcGIS for any font type written on Cad?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RCUser
by
Emerging Contributor
At the bottom of the Feature To Polygon tool you can include a CAD Annotation feature class as a secondary input to "Label Features (optional)".
0 Kudos