How to connect pixel values from raster data to a point shapefile?

Jump to solution
04-25-2017 01:11 PM
ClaudiaThoelen
New Contributor

Hey, I am kind of new to ArcMap Desktop and I have a problem at the beginning of my studies:

I want to look at global data of a parameter which for the analysis I want to connect to the water depth at each point.

So far I have a raster map with the bathymetry of the world. In each pixel value I find the depth or height of that coordinate. Then I have an excel file with my over 200000 data points I want to analyse. I loaded my excel file into ArcMap via Add X,Y Data.

Now I got my point shapefiles of my parameter on top of my raster map with the pixel value I need.

How can I connect, join those values?

Or is there any other way of getting the bathymetry of the ocean connected to my parameter with coordinates in my excel table??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Do you want to get the value or raster to the new point shapefile that you create?

If so, you use Extract Values to Points—Help | ArcGIS Desktop (one raster)

or Extract Multi Values to Points—Help | ArcGIS Desktop (for one or more raster ) 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Do you want to get the value or raster to the new point shapefile that you create?

If so, you use Extract Values to Points—Help | ArcGIS Desktop (one raster)

or Extract Multi Values to Points—Help | ArcGIS Desktop (for one or more raster ) 

ClaudiaThoelen
New Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos