Help with Telecommunications data model & edit tools

10-26-2010 08:44 AM
JasonDule
New Contributor
Have been experimenting with the Telecommunications Data Model for ArcGIS 10 (http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c5509441f62548a3842dfc98f74a1712).  Model works great for our needs, with one exception. 

I need to be able to run fiber cables in smaller groups of strands in buffer tubes.  2, 4, 6, 8, and 10, in addition to all the existing strand counts.  I believe I have to edit the source for this, and have tried to do so, however rebuilding the application leaves me no better than when I started.  The results are confusing.  If I remove any of the options in that drop down box, none appear removed.  If I add options to that drop down box, none appear added.

I'm using Visual Studio 2010, the source code found in the above linked data model, and have made the following changes to the source files prior to rebuild.
In FiberConfigForm.Designer.cs, changed lines 68 �?? 80 to include references to strands 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10.  In FiberCreationForm.Designer.cs, did the same thing.

this.cboStrands.Items.AddRange(new object[] {
            "2",
            "4",
            "6",
            "8",
            "10",
            "12",
            "24",
            "36",
            "48",
            "60",
            "72",
            "84",
            "96",
            "108",
            "120",
            "132",
            "144"});

I know I�??ve got something pretty wrong here, but no idea what. I�??ve got about 24 hours of VB experience, so I realize I�??m a bit out of my depth, but would appreciate any help you could point me to.

Thanks -Jason
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JasonDule
New Contributor
Found the problem, and I was pretty far off.  The values were at one point set in the code of the edit tools, but had since been moved under the NumberOfFibers domain in the properties of the geodatabase. 

If I'd have understood the full data model when I was reading it, it would have made a bit more sense.  Beginner's mistake.

-Jason
0 Kudos