Georeferencing: all work and points disappeared

08-22-2022 05:39 PM
Labels (2)
AvaFarouche
Occasional Contributor

Hi!

I just georeferenced two map images into an mxd, saving at least a dozen times along the way, and EVERYTHING DISAPPEARED.  Does anyone have experience with this or advice on how to prevent it?? This can be a very tricky process and I was super excited about the results on this one - and then they just disappeared!!  I don't know what else to say about it. I've done this many many times over the years and never had this happen.  The rasters still show up in my Layers, but when I 'zoom to layer' they're both somewhere on the other side of the globe again, as they were before I created all of the control points and aligned the images.

I didn't close the software ... all of a sudden all of the entries in the control points table just went away.  The first one to go was the first one I had imported. I had saved it multiple times before adding the second one.

I even created a copy mxd with the pngs aligned before this happened, and they're gone out of that copy too.  I'm still using Desktop 10.8.1. Yes, I need to update and move to Pro.

I re-aligned the images, but I don't ever want this to happen again. Any advice? Is exporting them to a raster the best option?

0 Kudos
0 Replies