GeoPDF Question

09-08-2014 02:26 PM
MatthewKalcich
Occasional Contributor

I am not sure if this is a dumb question or not.........I need to make a GeoPDF.......... When I go to create a GeoPDF I make sure I check the box "Export Map Georeference Information"........ Because that would seem logical if I wanted to make a GeoPDF....... But when I go to import it back into Arcmap to check to see if it worked it does not allow me to do so. Can you import GeoPDF's into Arcmap? If I can not how do I know if it actually worked or not?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeLouwrens
Occasional Contributor III

You can do this in Adobe Reader.  Tools > Analysis > Geospatial Location Tool.  You can also output feature data which can be used like the Identify tool through the Object Data Tool.

Cheers,

Mike.

MatthewKalcich
Occasional Contributor

Awesome, I assumed it would be an easy question.........thanks..

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you are on Apple devices (maybe other mobile devices too) PDFMaps by Avenza will read and use the geoPDF,​  there may be other mobile apps that can read the, too, but thus is the one I gave used.

besides Acrobat Reader, Acrobat Pro can also see them. The way to turn it on is slightly different than Reader.  I can post better instructions tomorrow when I'm in the office.

0 Kudos