geodatabase enterprise and Oracle 10g 32bit

Jump to solution
01-16-2014 04:01 AM
MaxDemars
New Contributor III
Hi,

We are trying to create a new geodatabase enterprise on Oracle 10g 32bit through the AcrGIS Desktop Create geodatabase enterprise toolbox.

We receive this error message:

Lâ??utilisateur ne dispose pas des privilèges requis pour créer des objets de base de données. [ERROR: Must be connected to a 64-bit database to create geodatabase.
]

Does it means that geodatabase enterprise could not be installed on a 32 bit Oracle DB? Is 64bit a requirement?

Thank you,
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
As that message states, Esri only supports 64-bit databases.   Given the extreme memory
limitations of 32-bit applications, and the amount of RAM found in modern computers,
using a 32-bit database application is like trying to tow a horse trailer with a bicycle --
even if you get it to work, you won't be getting anywhere fast.

- V

View solution in original post

3 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
As that message states, Esri only supports 64-bit databases.   Given the extreme memory
limitations of 32-bit applications, and the amount of RAM found in modern computers,
using a 32-bit database application is like trying to tow a horse trailer with a bicycle --

- V
MaxDemars
New Contributor III

- V

Hi Vangelo,

Thank you for your reply. I agree with you, 32bit wont be enough. I was trying anyway just to perform some tests. I am not sure, but I think I saw that PostgreSQL 32bit was supported. Can you confirm that?

Thank you again.
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III