geocoding tutorial data postal_us address locator

07-16-2011 09:49 AM
JohnMorgan
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

I am working through the geocoding tutorial for ArcGIS 10 in preparation for a cartography class that I am teaching.  I have the educational edition of the software which did come with a data DVD which I have installed.  However, I am unable to locate the StreetMap data that should be located at \dm_stmap_dvd\streetmap_na\data

I have run the setup.exe on the data DVD, but still can�??t locate this file.  Can you help me out here?

Thanks,
Derek
0 Kudos
4 Replies
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Derek,

Not familiar with the tutorial you're working through, but it may require a data set from the ESRI Data & Maps DVD set if it was not included with the Tutorial data DVD.

If your school has an Campus or Lab license agreement with ESRI you'll need to have your campus Primary contact login to the Customer Care Portal and download the three DVD ISO images that comprise the ESRI Data & Maps set. It will include the Street Map for North America that you would seem to need.

You'll end up with these three ISOs that can be burned to DVD or opened with 7-Zip and contents copied to a folder on a local drive or a network share.

[INDENT]Data_and_Maps_for_ArcGIS10_121409.iso
Data_and_Maps_for_ArcGIS10_121410.iso
Data_and_Maps_for_ArcGIS10_121621.iso
[/INDENT]
Stuart
0 Kudos
JohnMorgan
Occasional Contributor
Hello Stuart,
It turns out I have the "arcgis desktop tutorial data" which I was thinking would be the one needed.  But, I now see there is a different DVD needed. 

Thanks for you feedback.

Derek,

Not familiar with the tutorial you're working through, but it may require a data set from the ESRI Data & Maps DVD set if it was not included with the Tutorial data DVD.

If your school has an Campus or Lab license agreement with ESRI you'll need to have your campus Primary contact login to the Customer Care Portal and download the three DVD ISO images that comprise the ESRI Data & Maps set. It will include the Street Map for North America that you would seem to need.

You'll end up with these three ISOs that can be burned to DVD or opened with 7-Zip and contents copied to a folder on a local drive or a network share.

[/INDENT]
Stuart
0 Kudos
TungHoang
New Contributor
Derek,

[/INDENT]
Stuart

How can I download the Data_and_Maps_for_ArcGIS10_121621.iso?
Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Tung Hoang,

They are only available with access to the Customer Care Portal ( http://customers.esri.com )

There you'll find a Software Download tab. And from there a listing of product lines, you'd want Data and Maps --> Esri Data & Maps for ArcGIS 10, it is the third selection Esri Data & Maps for ArcGIS 10 #3

If you do not have individual access to the Customer Care Portal, identify your Esri license coordinator at your work or school (whomever you received your license from)--they'll have access to be able to download. Otherwise you will need to request the DVD from your Esri distributor or Regional office. The Data & Maps DVDs are not made available to Esri ArcGIS Desktop Trial users.

Stuart