It's been a tedious slog with address locators in 10 so far. Now that the zip code/city/state issues has been resolved with sp1, we are now trying to tackle the addresses with units.
It seems that the USAddress - Single House locator best fits our needs. I have been setting the Additional Field to our unit field yet when looking at the geocoding results it's obvious that the locator is not seeing this additional field value as an apartment unit. For example, when using the find tool to locate 115 Brown St A, nothing found. However, a search for 115 Brown St will return two options, neither one containing the additional unit information. Has anyone else come across this and found a work around?
As a side note, to get around the zip code issue, I did load in the 931 locators which worked great until I needed to assign privileges to other user groups.
It took awhile to get back around to geocoding again. Thanks for posting that locator. It seems to be doing the trick. However, have you noticed that it adds a '#' to every match_addr? I guess it's not important, but I just wanted to make sure that what I'm seeing isn't out of the ordinary.
Prior to SP2, we didn't have an easy way to only output formatting if there was a value associated with that component (ie. Apartment number). Therefore, thee # symbol always gets written out for the Match_addr even if there is no apartment number. If you have SP2 installed, I can fix it if needed.
Thanks Brad for the quick response, but I've created a locator using the style you provided and when I reverse geocode using the Address Inspector the # symbol is still being written out after an address that doesn't have a unit number (ie. 111 N 100 E #). Also if I search for any address in the Find Location Tool or on the Geocoding toolbar using the locator created from the style, Arcmap crashes. I do have Service Pack 2 installed.