Formatting hard and soft breakline data to create elevation surface

05-12-2016 07:42 AM
JeremyKiss1
New Contributor II

I have acquired DEM data provided in points, hard and soft breaklines from Altalis. It provides them as .gnp, .ghl, and .gsl files.

I have followed this thread for the answer AltaLIS DEM: how to load into arcGIS but I am facing the same issue as the last question poses.

The breakline data is organized as:

I understand what each element is but I am looking for a way to easily format into the 4 fields : Start X Field, Start Y Field, End X Field, End Y Field. Also what is the best way to interpolate a raster surface using both point and line data?

Thanks,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
JeremyKiss1
New Contributor II

I should have access to all extensions.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I have a vague recollection of seeing that format before but unless you have many, many to do, then a quick copy paste of the X,Y,Z values and the use of the tool to create the polylines would be the fastest to get the breaklines created.. from there I am not sure which approach from the various interpolators you want to use, or do you want to work with tins in the first instance... in any event a search using 'breaklines' will bubble up topics related to interpolators and the use of breaklines, for instance

How Natural Neighbor works—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop