Exporting shapefiles, coordinate system, labeling...

11-23-2014 04:14 PM
JohnBarrineau
New Contributor

I am having some issues with my imported points and lines. I import the points which have labels and also import my lines. First thing I notice is that they appear to line up with my base image but do not share the same spatial coordinate system and I cannot seem to match it with my dataframe.

Once in I change the points, and lines etc to different colors  I export to SHP file and re import - the changes I made are not there. So if I email the shp file off there wont be the changes that I need.

Labeling my text is next to impossible. I can't simply add a # to each text label, why not ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GerardoMedrano1
New Contributor

I have the same problem.

0 Kudos
JohnBarrineau
New Contributor

This is starting to annoy me a bit. Even with the exact same coordinate system as my sat image, the points and lines still say they don't share the same even after transformation. Still can't keep the changed symbology in any shape file. This sucks.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

save to layer file with the same name as your shapefile and include it in the zip, if everything is set properly, then the user just needs to load the layer and the symbology etc will be save...check the help file topics on layer and table views

JohnBarrineau
New Contributor

Thanks this was helpful unless one wants to open up a shp file in another GIS package....

0 Kudos