Exporting a relationship class from an SDE to a file GDB

11-21-2011 05:30 PM
JamesFox1
Occasional Contributor
I am wondering if there is a quick and easy way to move a relationship class out a relational SDE geodatabase into say another file GDB? Export and load data can move the features but I have a few relationship classes which I would rather move than have to recreate them by hand in the destination GDB.

ArcCatalog cut and paste copying doesn't quite seem to work, some may copy over but with errors on some of the attributes (in red) while other don't copy at all (invalid index errors)

I know you can export a Feature Dataset with an XML export but I dont think this will pick up the relationship classes in the dataset.

-Jim
1 Reply
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor
Jim,

There's two ways to do this; Copy/Paste and XML Import/Export.  Copy/Paste should work, if you're running into errors, we need to look into them and figure out what the issue is, can you contact Technical Support about this issue?   XML Import/Export of the feature dataset will pick up the relationship class within the feature dataset, should you should be able to use it as well if Copy/Paste isn't working for you.
0 Kudos