Export toolbox/ModelBuilder

Jump to solution
08-17-2021 10:35 AM
Labels (3)
SarahHartholt
Occasional Contributor III

Hi everyone,

Wondering if it is possible to export a toolbox or set of models into a different Default toolbox from ArcPro. I mistakenly created a new project in the same folder as an old project and either changed or deleted the default toolbox and geodabase that is automatically created with a new project. I moved the old project to a new location and the models that I created in the new project completely disappeared. I wasn't able to find the folder path to the toolbox's source like I can do with feature classes (right click in the contents pane, properties, source) but was able to track it down in the old folder that I moved. I would like to know 2 things:

1. is it possible to find the folder path to the toolbox from catalog or somewhere else using ArcPro?

2. is it possible to import/export the models to a different toolbox?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

So add the Project folder as a folder connection (catalog pane --> add folder connection - navigate to the 'Projects' folder and add that or the individual Project')

Then you will be able to copy/paste (shift or ctrl to select multiple) into the new project toolbox within the Catalog pane.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

You should find the path to the default toolbox in 'project' (top left) --> Options tab --> Project-Current Settings.

0 Kudos
SarahHartholt
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks David! I see the folder path now. Do you know if it is possible for me to export the models to my new default gdb and delete them from the old one?

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

So add the Project folder as a folder connection (catalog pane --> add folder connection - navigate to the 'Projects' folder and add that or the individual Project')

Then you will be able to copy/paste (shift or ctrl to select multiple) into the new project toolbox within the Catalog pane.