Export to CAD (/w attributes) Not Working

02-15-2012 08:56 AM
RandellMcGlynn
New Contributor
Hi, I'm having trouble getting the Export to CAD with attributes working. I've read some instructions on how to do this. I know I need the seed file to export the attribute data into a CAD block, but I does not work. It must be something simple, because I'm pretty sure we have done everything that was stated on ESRI's website, but the feature class attributes do not show up on the CAD. We started with a very simple project the feature class has one field in it "TestField" and so does the CAD Block Seed file. I've attached the seed file, and feature class we are working with. Perhaps we are just missing something very simple.

Thank you.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrettHill
New Contributor III
I didn't have a chance to look at your seed file, your seed drawing should contain a completed block definition ready to INSERT, i.e. Manhole.
Based on you description I think you need to add a couple more fields to your feature class before exporting.  Add a text field called "CADType" and populate it with the value "INSERT", add another text field called "RefName" and populate it with the name of your AutoCAD block.  If "TestField" is the name of a block attrib then everything should export over to AutoCAD.

Brett
0 Kudos
RandellMcGlynn
New Contributor
Hi, I'm having trouble getting the Export to CAD with attributes working. I've read some instructions on how to do this. I know I need the seed file to export the attribute data into a CAD block, but I does not work. It must be something simple, because I'm pretty sure we have done everything that was stated on ESRI's website, but the feature class attributes do not show up on the CAD. We started with a very simple project the feature class has one field in it "TestField" and so does the CAD Block Seed file. I've attached the seed file, and feature class we are working with. Perhaps we are just missing something very simple.

Thank you.

I actually have all that. It should be in the GIS Feature class that I attached to this thread. Not sure where I went wrong. This seems like it should be pretty simple, but it does not work.
0 Kudos
BrettHill
New Contributor III
You just need to make a Block from the circle and attrib definition, name the Block TESTFIELD and you should be good to go.  You could also create a new drawing, call it Seed.dwg or whatever, insert your TestField.dwg thus making a Block named TestField.  Then use Seed.dwg for the export.
0 Kudos