Export to CAD - Projection Problem!

11-05-2010 04:15 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ishuff

HI - I have been through many of the forums and can't come up with a solution.  no matter what i do when exporting to cad - including using environments to change the output projection system to same as display...it never works!  When I open the produced file in cad, the same projection seems to be applied, no matter what the input file, and is always undesirably flat and still in radians.

This is frustrating as I am trying to prepare basic site information in CAD to be used for preliminary architectural drawings, so need the projection to come through along with its unit base being meters.  I will attach screen shots of my basic workflow.

The First image shows a test run with a Map of the US so you can clearly see the projection at work:

The second shows the few layers added in Export to Cad:

The Third highlights the change to export using display coordinates:

and the last shows the resulting CAD file when opened in autocad...Clearly not the same projection system!!

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnantThunuguntla
New Contributor III
HI - I have been through many of the forums and can't come up with a solution.  no matter what i do when exporting to cad - including using environments to change the output projection system to same as display...it never works!  When I open the produced file in cad, the same projection seems to be applied, no matter what the input file, and is always undesirably flat and still in radians.

This is frustrating as I am trying to prepare basic site information in CAD to be used for preliminary architectural drawings, so need the projection to come through along with its unit base being meters.  I will attach screen shots of my basic workflow.

The First image shows a test run with a Map of the US so you can clearly see the projection at work:

The second shows the few layers added in Export to Cad:

The Third highlights the change to export using display coordinates:

and the last shows the resulting CAD file when opened in autocad...Clearly not the same projection system!!

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Hi,

Can you try setting the output to DWG_R2007?
0 Kudos