esri_sde service is not running

02-26-2013 01:22 AM
srinivasreddy
New Contributor III
I am getting the following error when starting esri_sde service on local machine. And my system configuration are...

1) Windows Server R2 X 32-bit
2) ArcSDE 10
3) Oracle 11g 32-bit and Client also same.

Initially it was working fine, but suddenly i don't know what happened to the esri_sde service it is not starting with OS. So when i tried to start manually first time i have received  "1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion". so i just re-install oracle client. Then it starts showing the following error.

"The ArcSDE service (ESRI_SDE) service on local computer started and then stopped. Some Services stop automateically if they are not in use by other services or programs"

Some help is needed

Thanks
Srinivas
0 Kudos
3 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
What change coincided with the sudden stop to the service?

A 32-bit Oracle client is not necessary with a 32-bit server on the same host.
Did you configure the tnsnames.ora in the client install?  Oracle prefers to
use the most recently added install, which would invalidate previous install.

- V
0 Kudos
srinivasreddy
New Contributor III
Thanks Vince Angelo for your quick reply,

Actually i don't know what change happened to SDE service. But when i checked in the iomgr_esri_sde file it showing the following messages.
1) SDE system starting initialized.
2) Validating system paths.
3) IOMGR is going into background.

But when i am trying to connect to SDE user through SQL Developer it is working fine even with st_geoemtry functions.

Thanks
Srinivas
0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Those messages aren't of any use.  There are other logs that report other errors.
I also find it useful to manually run 'sdemon -o start' to see what error it reports.
There are a number of Knowledge Base documents on trouble-shooting ArcSDE
install; you can find them by searching with your error message(s).

- V
0 Kudos