Error: ???two donuts or two outer shells overlap???,

04-24-2014 04:02 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jamal432@gmail.com

Error: �??two donuts or two outer shells overlap�?�,

I wanted to copy enterprise geodatabase layer to file geodatabase but I got the error below (�??two donuts or two outer shells overlap�?�):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33329[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]33330[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]33331[/ATTACH]

What might be the issue here?

Thank you

Best

Jamal
0 Kudos
31 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Although I basically agree with most of what you write (which can be exemplified by the well known "garbage in - garbage out"), I don't think it is fair towards Jamal to suggest he isn't doing his best to get this right.

I didn't mean  to suggest that Jamal wasn't trying; instead I was suggesting that
no amount of effort can make some data right, and that under certain conditions
trying harder wouldn't necessarily improve the situation.  "Repair" is all well and
good, but it can't anticipate every data condition.  Some data is intrinsically 
incapable of correction; when you encounter some you need to be ready to
know when to give up.

- V
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mboeringa2010

I didn't mean  to suggest that Jamal wasn't trying; instead I was suggesting that
no amount of effort can make some data right, and that under certain conditions
trying harder wouldn't necessarily improve the situation.
  "Repair" is all well and
good, but it can't anticipate every data condition.  Some data is intrinsically 
incapable of correction; when you encounter some you need to be ready to
know when to give up.

Entirely reasonable, and I agree fully. This was also why I pointed out the need, that sometimes arises, to significantly alter workflows, design best practices for data production and educate employees, and possibly introduce new software to allow proper data production at the source.
0 Kudos