Error: "There is an error reading the geocoding information from this dataset"

09-19-2013 04:16 PM
JosiJenneskens
New Contributor II
We are using ArcInfo 10.0.  The address locator is in an SDE geodatabase and gets rebuilt weekly when the data is updated.  When geocoding, everything performs as it is supposed to until we try to rematch.  It doesn't matter when we do it, we get this error message: "There is an error reading the geocoding information from this dataset".  This is really frustrating.  I know we can extract the unmatched records and review them and try to re-geocode but that sort of defeats the purpose of the "Rematch" function.  Has anyone else encountered this issue and been able to solve it?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
Usual questions about service packs....

There is another recent post about storing locators within sde; I suggest not storing a locator in any flavor of geodatabase.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III

The last few posts here reference storing within an SDE.

Publishing a composite locator- registering data store

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Collin-  not sure I understand you post here...

0 Kudos
BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Joe,

I put a link in my above post to another thread (Publishing a composite locator- registering data store )where there was some discussion about storing your address locator within the SDE. The general consensus within that thread is that ESRI suggests that we DO NOT store address locators within the SDE. Read the last few posts from the linked thread to see this. Hope this helps you in some regard.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Pretty much what I stated above.  Just say no to locators as geodatabase objects....

0 Kudos