Error opening CPG (.cpg) in ArcGIS 10

03-31-2016 09:15 AM
HernandezAstorga
New Contributor

Hi everyone!!

I have a little big problem , I have  a file "File CPG (.cpg)",I try to open this in my ARCGIS10 but not let me "Invalid raster dataset. Failed to create raster layer". Any suggestions for open this file? My email is fhas33@gmail.com

Thank you 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
HernandezAstorga
New Contributor

Dan, these are my files

FILE.png

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The dta files were produced on a different date so they could be from any source, they could be data files in either binary or ascii format

https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/manage-data/raster-and-images/supported-raster-dataset-f... is the list of raster file formats, so I can't see it.

Our library lists ones we use GIS Formats | MacOdrum Library

but dta? and not dat?  If you can open it up in a text editor, then it may be data you can join to the shapefile.  I would ask the people where you got it from, since you didn't create it, they may have the necessary metadata to help

0 Kudos
HernandezAstorga
New Contributor

So Dan, with these files I cant see the information. Your suggestion is.. that they send me again the complete files

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Yes... with some explanation as to what they are and how to use them

0 Kudos
HernandezAstorga
New Contributor

Thanks Dan and Chris for the help.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

you don't even need the codepage file... you don't need to open it, you don't even have to look at it, it won't show you anything that you can't already see

0 Kudos