Error code: -2147467259 While unpacking files?

08-02-2016 02:34 AM
FrancoisBekker
New Contributor

I am trying to install ArcGIS Student Edition 10.3.1 on my laptop. I run Windows 10. I have activated my authorization number online. Now I have followed the instructions on the pamphlet in which I got the DVD. The instruction is to run Esri.exe on the DVD to launch the setup menu.

However on the DVD there is a lot of files but now file named Esri.exe. The only one that looks as if it should work is the file named: ArcGIS_Desktop_1031_145699. I lunched this file and it took me to a menu that want me to choose a folder to unpack my files. It automatically chose a folder on my C drive and started unpacking the files. However after a few seconds that the green bar has progressed it gives me an error saying the following: An unexpected error occurred while unpacking files(s). Error code: -2147467259.

Can anyone please help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

that error code is too generic and applies to a lot of stuff (search GeoNet using error code: -2147467259 if you want to see examples)

Options... don't do the same thing again, save to a different folder.   Doesn't the dvd autoload?  Have you tried downloading the student version from your institution?  online?

0 Kudos
MariaCulman1
New Contributor

I got the same error. To fix it, since it is a problem with user's permissions, I run the installation as the admin user of the computer.

DuongHB
New Contributor III

I got same issue. It comes from setup file is corrupt. Try to unzip by another program like 7-zip or WinRar and you could see.

Re-download the setup file and it works!

0 Kudos