Editor tracking - Mobile vs. Desktop edits

12-04-2014 12:35 PM
AlinaTaus
Occasional Contributor

I would like to know if there is a way to set up Editor Tracking to only track the last_edited_user and last_edited_date if the editor is a field user and not a desktop user. I have several feature services that are used in web maps to document asset inspections so it is important to know who created and who modified a specific inspection. I periodically have to run geoprocessing tools in my Desktop to update some fields in those layers but I do not want to overwrite the last_edited_user and last_edited_date. Can this be done? Or is there a way to specify that only certain named users can trigger a change in those fields?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlinaTaus
Occasional Contributor

I have a work-around for this issue, although it is not ideal. I discovered that I can temporarily turn the Editor Tracking off and run my geoprocessing tools without overwriting the "last_edited_user" and " last_edited_date". Once I'm done I can turn the Editor Tracking back on. This requires an exclusive lock on the feature class, so I usually have to do this after hours... 

0 Kudos