Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing Windows

08-15-2011 11:53 AM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
If I edit currently, and the create features window along with the attributes window, and the topology error inspector are open for my edits, etc..., if I stop editing, they close automatically, what I am encountering at 10.1, is the windows all stay open.  Is that expected?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RhondaGlennon
Deactivated User
Yes. ArcMap no longer automatically opens or closes any editing windows anymore. The Create Features window is only opened for you the very first time you start editing (per normal.mxt). After that, if you close it, it stays closed.

In the blogs section of the beta Resource Center, I have a post that mentions this. See the part, "Create Features window remembers its previous state" in
http://betablogs.esri.com/beta/arcgis/2011/08/01/feature-template-enhancements/

I have blog posts coming about what's new in editing (particularly on the topology and alignment enhancements). I'll put up about one every week or so, so keep checking there for new entries and videos.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Yes. ArcMap no longer automatically opens or closes any editing windows anymore. The Create Features window is only opened for you the very first time you start editing (per normal.mxt). After that, if you close it, it stays closed.

In the blogs section of the beta Resource Center, I have a post that mentions this. See the part, "Create Features window remembers its previous state" in
http://betablogs.esri.com/beta/arcgis/2011/08/01/feature-template-enhancements/

I have blog posts coming about what's new in editing (particularly on the topology and alignment enhancements). I'll put up about one every week or so, so keep checking there for new entries and videos.

Cool, thank you.
0 Kudos
DaveSkiles
Deactivated User
Nice work with edit workflows.  This is a production end to end set of methods that really works nicely. Joined vertex edit within the session is effective.
0 Kudos