Select to view content in your preferred language

Deleted Data

02-08-2024 03:26 AM
LuayAmeen
New Contributor

Hi, 

Some of My data in attribute table deleted??? Please i need it, very important  data. Howi can recovered it

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @LuayAmeen  , please can you clarify where your data was stored, eg in a Shapefile, or a File Geodatabase, or an Enterprise Geodatabase, or a Hosted layer, etc etc. And how was the data deleted, eg using ArcGIS Pro, or by deleting a Windows File, or dropping a database Table, etc etc.

0 Kudos
LuayAmeen
New Contributor

It stored in file geodatabase.

I don't know how I deleted the data. Maybe I deleted it accidentally, from (attribute table)

I use arcMap 10.8

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

If system restore is enabled on the computer where the FGDB is stored, you may be able to find it in previous version tab.  Right click on the folder the FGDB is in, select 'Properties', then the Previous Versions tab.

RhettZufelt_0-1707416743746.png

Just copy one from right before the deletion.

R_

0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

@LuayAmeen 

1. If you are working with an Enterprise Geodatabase (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) and you have geodatabase versioning enabled, and you deleted the data in a child version of sde.default and you did not reconcile and post the edits to sde.default, then just discard the child version and recreate it, the data is still in the sde.default version.
  2. if the data was deleted in the sde.default version as well then proceed as in step 3 below.
  3. on the other hand if you are not using geodatabase versioning then ask your Database Administrator to perform a point in time database restore to bring the data back.
  4. If you are using a File Geodatabase, then you need to find the last backup of your File Geodatabase. 

Regards.

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos