Delete Domain when not Owner

Jump to solution
12-07-2020 02:09 PM
Labels (1)
Chung_Jennifer
New Contributor II

Hi,

An employee created 40 domains with their OS account and are no longer with the company so it is not possible to connect as them. How would I go about deleting these domains?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chung_Jennifer
New Contributor II

I ended up having to ask IT to make a matching AD account as it was actually written in an old format so they were okay with me asking them temporarily to create it!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Did you try the delete button for a file or personal geodatabase?

or, for enterprise, ask IT to create a "matching AD account" to use for deleting those domains.

0 Kudos
Chung_Jennifer
New Contributor II

Yes I tried delete in database properties and the delete domain tool. Its an enterprise database, I can try to ask IT but they are pretty strict...if its my only option. I saw someone posting about XML, but I am not strong with XML.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

You first have to remove the domain from usage within any feature class. https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/geodatabases/overview/create-modify-and-delete-domains.h...

Once you do that, you can try to delete them as the GDB admin.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
Chung_Jennifer
New Contributor II

I ended up having to ask IT to make a matching AD account as it was actually written in an old format so they were okay with me asking them temporarily to create it!

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos