delete a point

Jump to solution
12-27-2013 05:42 AM
MikeHenson
Occasional Contributor
I am trying to delete a duplicate point. I have started an edit session, selected it graphically and in the table and I still cannnot delete it. After selecting it, the point is hightlighted, but the delete button wont' work, and the "X" on the standard toolbar is grayed out. What could be causing this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeHenson
Occasional Contributor
I closed the edit session, and closed the program, re-opened it and tried again. It still wouldn't work, but I noticed, doing an "id" that, since it was a duplicate, it was selecting both points. When I just selected the one point, it worked. Don't know why it wouldn't work when I selected only 1 row in the table, but I am good now. Thanks for the reply.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Are you by chance in Layout View?
0 Kudos
MikeHenson
Occasional Contributor
I am not in layout view. thanks
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
If you open an empty MXD and add this layer and then start editing, can you still not delete the point?
0 Kudos
MikeHenson
Occasional Contributor
I closed the edit session, and closed the program, re-opened it and tried again. It still wouldn't work, but I noticed, doing an "id" that, since it was a duplicate, it was selecting both points. When I just selected the one point, it worked. Don't know why it wouldn't work when I selected only 1 row in the table, but I am good now. Thanks for the reply.
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
If you inadvertently select another feature on another layer the delete won't work. Make sure no other features on other layers are selected.
0 Kudos