Database Username and Schema do not match

Jump to solution
03-20-2014 03:01 PM
TimHayes
Occasional Contributor III
I am using ArcGIS 10.2.1 and SQL Server 2008 R2.

I need to migrate a SQL Server Enterprise Geodatabase from one server machine (and Instance) to another server machine (and Instance). Let's call them Database A and Database B. Database A is the original SQL Server Enterprise Database and contains all the data. Database B is the new SQL Server Enterprise Geodatabase that contains no data. I want to move or copy the Feature Classes/Datasets in Database A to Database B.

I have tried Import, Copy/Paste, Exporting Feature Classes to a File Geodatabase then importing them into Database B, nothing seems to work.

I keep getting the same error message which basically says "Database Username and Schema do not match".

Any ideas on how to do this?
12 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Did you apply the changes after removing SYSADMIN? before proceeding to do the rest..

0 Kudos
davidbaron1
New Contributor

Yes. However I tried to perform the changes using a different sysadmin account. Care for a screen share? 

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

david we need to follow each other, to send any message privately.

It seems that the user in question, may have been the Owner of the Database. Once you make some other user, the owner of the Database, you should be able to rename. Give it a try...

0 Kudos