database compatability 9.2 and 10.0

08-02-2013 12:11 PM
BrandonSaunders1
New Contributor III
I started working with land records in a tax office about six months ago and since I started I have been pushing to upgrade from 9.2 which they have been using for years.  I decided to start with 10.0 because it is still able to connect to a 9.2 sde database.  This way, I can learn about using 10.0 without forcing the other mappers to make the switch at the same time. 

I have been simultaneously thinking of moving us to the parcel fabric.  When I tried to download the Schema for the Local Government Information Model, I realized that I needed to install (at minimum) service pack 1 so that ArcMap could open the .lpk.  When I went to install service pack 1 for 10.0 I read that I will have to upgrade the database after installing this service pack.  Does this mean that all other mappers that are still using 9.2 will lose the ability to connect to the database because it will be upgraded to 10.0? 

Thanks for your input.

Brandon

Here is a link to where it says I'll have to upgrade the database.

http://support.esri.com/en/downloads/patches-servicepacks/view/productid/160/metaid/1685
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
  Does this mean that all other mappers that are still using 9.2 will lose the ability to connect to the database because it will be upgraded to 10.0?

In a word, yes.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos