Data Pump Export/Import of SDE and User SCHEMATA

05-06-2011 02:07 AM
SebastianKahlert
New Contributor
Dear experts! I have a production system and am preparing a new production system based on 4 new fresh instances. I installed ArcSDE exactly the same as on my current production system and exported the SDE and user schemas with Oracle Data Pump. Of course I ran into a couple of errors such as ORA-39083 and ORA-02270. I fixed them by deleting those disabled FK$ constraints as mentioned in the following Esri note: http://resources.arcgis.com/content/kbase?fa=articleShow&d=36800

My question is if I will have any problems by importing the sde and user schemes into a new instance that way? Will I wreck integrities? Will the sde still know which tables are versioned and which are not?

I would appreciate it extremely if you could give me some feedback on these questions! I need to export the user schemas into that prepared production system very soon and can't allow a downtime too large due to associated errors!

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts,

Freezer2010
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SebastianKahlert
New Contributor
Does nobody have an answer for me? I believe the migration from one to another system is nothing unusual. I'd appreciate any feedback!

Thank you!
0 Kudos
martinnman
New Contributor
According to my knowledge When using Oracle's Data Pump utility to import an export file containing tables with st_geometry attributes and spatial indexes with the remap_schema option, the process creates invalid entries in the sde.st_geometry_columns and sde.st_geometry_index tables.
0 Kudos