Data Not Displaying

Jump to solution
12-31-2013 04:35 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: JWest82

I am loading .dgn data into feature classes and have been having an issue with a specific dataset. I have 83 map sheets and the middle-ish 7 will not display in the viewer after about 1:26,000 scale. I have checked to make sure that there is no Visible Scale Range set. I am only losing a portion of the feature class however.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30164[/ATTACH]
Visible

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30165[/ATTACH]
Not visible

I have done the Check Geometry and Repair Geometry tools and this still has not solved the problem. Has anyone come up with a solution for this?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ggeerraallddiinnee

Hi Justin,

I've encountered inexplicable display issues like yours a couple of times and a workaround I've used successfully is to make a copy of your feature class using Feature Class to Feature Class, does it work for you?

Cheers

Geraldine

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Justin,

I've encountered inexplicable display issues like yours a couple of times and a workaround I've used successfully is to make a copy of your feature class using Feature Class to Feature Class, does it work for you?

Cheers

Geraldine
0 Kudos
JustinWest
New Contributor III
Geraldine,

That worked for me, thank you. This has been an issue before with the .dgn files glad to know I am not the only one with problems like this.

- Justin
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm glad it could help you. This workaround solved raster display issues as well (raster not showing beyond or below a given scale, colors of a binary raster reversing when zooming in/out). I made a copy of the raster using Raster to different format (but kept the same format).

Geraldine
0 Kudos
Vishalkumar
New Contributor
hello dear,

I am confused about the .dgn extension. Which type of file have .dgn extension please tell me...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Vishal,

It's CAD data. Check this page: What is CAD data?
0 Kudos