data driven pages export problems

06-28-2016 01:46 PM
TuiAnderson1
New Contributor

I am having problems exporting when data driven pages are active.  I have a satellite image for the background and I get a strip of image and some pages the line features are changes and/or missing.  This was happening with 10.3.1 and I upgraded to 10.4.1 and the problem still persists.  Any advice?  Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

What export format? what type of image? what dpi for printing?

There are countless issues with printing with ddp's or otherwise when the printer isn't properly set prior to printing, a too high/low dpi, just about any pdf, network printer... you name it.  The chances of finding a solution increase with the information provided.... good luck

0 Kudos
TuiAnderson1
New Contributor

I was trying to export to pdf, 200 dpi, or just print and lots of weird things happening.  Sometimes no image, a jpg2 image from usgs download site, sometimes a strip of the image and line features drawn wrong.  I had the data frame and some data in different projections and I corrected that and removed/re-loaded some layer and magically it is working again.  Thanks

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

see what I mean.... totally unconnected to anything you mentioned in the original post... got to love that print stuff

0 Kudos
OliviaL
New Contributor

Similar to Tui, I have been experiencing issues with data driven pages, especially when I am trying to export lidar field maps. The pages will export blocks and stripping, or the function will only export only the same data frame for an entire series. I have tried modifying the Export Map window settings, experimenting with PDF, JPG, advance settings, and the output is still the same. Any recommendations would be helpful.

data_driven_pages_error01.png

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

send a copy to tech support and open a ticket.  This printing stuff won't get fixed until more support requests with real data are used.

In the interim, try anything I recommended since it won't work and it will be some random thing that will make it go away...just take notes while doing it...

0 Kudos