Cutting polygons

Jump to solution
04-22-2011 12:46 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Rumoer

I have merged a long trail of different roads to make faster and easier mutations. But it's too long. So i wanted to cut these polygons into 4 pieces, but now i am getting a error message not able to cut the polygon because it doesnt know what is left or right. I DO KNOW WHEN THIS MESSAGE OCCURS!!!
But the problem is, that i can't figure out where it goes wrong. See attachments.
Anyone any idea? Or is there another or better solutions?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: johns

You get that error message when your cut doesn't complete cut the entire polygon into two or more sections.  It appears from your image that you need to extend the cut across all three of the parallel sections that have been selected since they are all part of the one polygon.  If that produces results you don't want you can go back and remerge pieces and/or make cuts at other locations.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: johns

You get that error message when your cut doesn't complete cut the entire polygon into two or more sections.  It appears from your image that you need to extend the cut across all three of the parallel sections that have been selected since they are all part of the one polygon.  If that produces results you don't want you can go back and remerge pieces and/or make cuts at other locations.
0 Kudos