Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating a replica with the "Register existing data only" option fails in ArcGIS Pro when a geodata service is specified for the output

02-07-2023 12:05 PM
Labels (2)
ttimmerman_nes
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have been performing some testing with creating replicas in ArcGIS Pro in order to move away from reliance on ArcGIS Desktop. I'm encountering error while attempting to do so. I have two 10.8.1 enterprise geodatabases both hosted in AWS RDS Microsoft SQL Server instances (15.0.4236.7). Both enterprise geodatabases have identical feature datasets created from sample data all of which have Global IDs and are registered as traditionally versioned without the option to move edits to base. I've published a geodata service to our 10.8.1 ArcGIS Server site from the child geodatabase, and I'm attempting to create the replica from the parent geodatabase. I'm running the Create Replica GP tool from ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3. The parameters for the GP tool are as follows: 

ttimmerman_nes_0-1675800094676.png

I receive the following error when I attempt to run the Create Replica GP tool: "ERROR 003129: Create Replica error: Unable to instantiate class for xml schema type: ArrayOfSequence"

Any feedback or suggestions about how to overcome this would be greatly appreciated. I should note that we need the "Register existing data only" option to be selected. Historically, we've used this option to create a replica XML file using the Distributed Geodatabase Toolbar in ArcMap; unfortunately, the "Register existing data only" option disappears in ArcGIS Pro if the Output Type parameter is switched to XML file.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amarz
by
Occasional Contributor II

Do you have Attribute Rules that return multiple values to one Attribute rule? I am not sure if ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 can support that operation.

0 Kudos
ttimmerman_nes
New Contributor II

Hi @Amarz ,

I do not have any attribute rules configured in the enterprise geodatabase.

0 Kudos
Amarz
by
Occasional Contributor II

Is there existing data in the ReplicaTest.GeoDataServer that matches the inputs from the Hydrography dataset?

0 Kudos