Create world file from image corners

04-07-2011 02:36 AM
ChrisStally
New Contributor
I have a number of tiff images and the only metadata available is the resolution (width and height) of each image.
I receive the 4 image coordinates from an external database (the top-left, top-right, bottom-right and bottom-left corners).

I want to create a world file for the images (which are by the way rotated, so line 2 and line 3 in the world file won't be 0) with only the image height, width and corners available.

I searched the forum and googled the problem, without any result.

Does anyone know how to do this?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertBerger
New Contributor III
Greetings,

Yes, you can do this. One way to do this is using the "warp" geoprocessing tool. Here you input your pixel and the known location in space. After you write out the new dataset which now has the coordinates you supplied, you can use the write the world file using the tool.
Also, if you know all the parameters needed, you can do the math yourself to create the world file. For more information, look at this help document.
Hope this helps.

Robert
0 Kudos
ChrisStally
New Contributor
Thank you. I'll try that
0 Kudos
RuthOla
New Contributor II
Hi,
I am having similar issue with creating world file. I know the lower left coordinates, width, height and the pixel size. Please how did you calculate the rotation parameters B and D?
0 Kudos