Create Enterprise Geodatabase Tool - Authorization File

08-24-2011 10:27 AM
AlvaroMoreno
New Contributor
Hi,
I am testing the creation of a geodatabase with the tool Create Enterprise Geodatabase
The creation was successful, but the license provided was incorrect.
I have a. PVRC instead of. Ecp
What am I doing wrong?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
EugeneYang
New Contributor
The Create Enterprise Geodatabase tool requires a ecp file. Please contact ESRI support for instructions on how to get ecp file.

After you get the ecp file, there are two options, either clean up the database and re-create the geodatabase, or install ArcSDE command line tool, and then update license with admin command.
0 Kudos
AlvaroMoreno
New Contributor
there is no way to get the ECP license file from Costumer Care?
0 Kudos
MelissaJarman
Esri Contributor
You can use the Customer care portal link I am providing below to generate a physical ECP file:
https://customers.esri.com/index.cfm?event=pub.ecpAuthorizations

While this is for 10 it has successfully worked for a 10.1 registration number.
0 Kudos
GregRieck
Occasional Contributor III
What is the Customer care portal link to generate a physical ECP file for a 10.2 ECP file?
0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
0 Kudos
GregRieck
Occasional Contributor III
Yes, the same URL works. However, for me when I choose download it opened a new tab with the authorization data in it. I tried copying it to a text file and changing the name to ECP. That approach DOES NOT WORK! You must receive an actual ECP file. I changed the option to E-Mail and I received and actual ECP file that I was able to correctly use to authorize the software.

In my opinion this URL needs to be added to the Customer Care site, it's difficult to find.
0 Kudos
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
Rather than get an ecp file, you could instead point to the keycodes file that was generated when you authorized ArcGIS Server, as indicated in the Create Enterprise Geodatabase tool side panel help.

"Authorization File
Provide the path and file name of the keycodes file that was created when you authorized ArcGIS for Server Enterprise. This file is in the \\Program Files\ESRI\License<release#>\sysgen folder on Windows and /arcgis/server/framework/runtime/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/ESRI/License<release#>/sysgen directory on Linux. If you have not already done so, authorize ArcGIS for Server to create this file."