Crashing when batch Geocoding

11-06-2013 06:30 AM
dylancummings
New Contributor
I uploaded a data set from excel into my map document and tried to batch geocode all of the addresses. For some reason when the geocoding gets to about 37% it just freezes up and the program says 'Not Responding". I have an i7 quad core processor and 12 gigs of RAM on my computer so I know processing power isn't an issue. I can't figure out why it won't finish geocoding behind 30 something percent.???
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
How many records are in this problematic dataset?

Can you try making a smaller dataset (say 10%) and see if it gets through that dataset?
0 Kudos
dylancummings
New Contributor
I cut my data set in half an it got to 50% but then crashed again. I just did one a few hours ago that was 438 addresses and the one I am doing now is only 300 so I know it can do it but for some reason it won't stop crashing now when I try it.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Maybe it is a problemmatic data record.  I would try cutting down the dataset until you can get to the record(s) that is causing the problem.  Then you might try seeing differences between data in the bad record compared to data in records that are successfully geocoded.
0 Kudos