Coordinates out of bounds glitch?

12-02-2013 08:12 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: comapsd_admin

Hello, I seem to be having an almost random glitch while editing and adding to a feature in Desktop 10.1 SP1. I get the error "the feature's geometry could not be modified. The coordinates or measures are out of bounds" but that error doesn't seem to match what I'm doing. I'm in the process of modifying and adding to water line shape fines, with this modifications often surrounded by the existing feature.

The error occurs seemingly at random, and can also be fixed at random. It can happen while I'm drawing over an existing line, while creating a new line, or when modifying the vertex of an existing line. I create lines for hours with no problem until one small area errors, I usually move on past that piece and return to it later. Often I can later run the line from right to left instead of left or right, create the line in smaller pieces, or simply come back to that piece later and create it without problems. That's why I suspect some sort of glitch instead of me actually drawing outside the coordinate system.

I've run MXD doctor and have all the latest patches. Is there any other steps I can take?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies