Convert UTM to Lat and Long for Geocoding

Jump to solution
06-12-2014 11:29 AM
AndrewTuleya2
New Contributor II
I need to convert the attached coordinates from UTM northing and easting to Lat and Long. None of the online converters are giving me the result i Need. UTM Zone 15 N. Should be in NW Texas.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor
What happens if you set it to the North Central zone instead? (The US feet version)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor
Those values don't look like UTM in Texas, nor do they match UTM in feet aka BLM numbers. I also checked statewide systems and various State Plane zones in both meters and feet, and couldn't get those coordinates to land in Texas.

Check with the data provider or look for other metadata information.

EDIT: If I found the point locations correctly, they're in the north EAST corner of the state and are in NAD 1983 State Plane Texas North Central (US survey feet).

I don't know whether to give more information but I think ODA is an acronym.

Melita
0 Kudos
AndrewTuleya2
New Contributor II
I got the coordinate system back from which the GPS points were collected with. They say it is Texas Central Zone NAD 1983 Coordiantes. But when I take the table, right click to show XY coordiantes, define X as Easting and Y as Northing, they coordiatnes do not show up in Texas but Mexico.
0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor
What happens if you set it to the North Central zone instead? (The US feet version)
0 Kudos