Control Points disappear from ArcMap Link Table

07-16-2019 08:43 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I georeferenced a scan map and updated my georeferencing after adding the control points. But after I open the link table on the Georeference toolbar, the table is empty and my control points gone, however, my work is still spatially correct.

What could be the reason and how do I solve this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor

This is the design of the tool. Perhaps because you do not want the same control points in place for a second image that is being georeferenced.

If you need to retain your links, you can save them out to a file, which can be loaded back in whenever you wish.

Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is true Jim. The issue i have is when you want to view the link table again perhaps to improve your Total RMS Error. Normally the table would open and once you finish changing things you are able to update the georeferencing on the georeferencing tool bar. However, now, when i click to view the link table it doesn't load existing points from aux.xml file. Even when you open the aux.xml file using one of the editor applications it doesn't have the control points in it. Up until recently, everything was fine but for these last two weeks.

0 Kudos
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor

I am afraid I can not help you there, as I have always saved the links out to file when necessary, and have no experience with loading links from a georeferenced file using aux.xml.

Perhaps a service pack has altered this. 

Sorry I couldn't help you.

Jim

0 Kudos