Select to view content in your preferred language

Connect to Postgresql ArcSDE 10.1

Jump to solution
07-15-2012 11:45 PM
geogeekgeogeek
Occasional Contributor
i cannot connect to postgresql 9.0.5 with ArcSDE 10.1 , using ArcCatalog 10.1 , On Win 7 professional 64 bit.

i followed the steps descibed here , and installed the Pg-Agent from Stack builder , when i execute "Create Enterprise Geodatabase" i set "instance" to "localhost:5432" but i got this error :

Cannot connect to database because the database client software failed to load.  Be sure the database client software is installed and configured correctly. Failed to execute (CreateEnterpriseGeodatabase).

Cannot connect to database because the database client software failed to load.  Be sure the database client software is installed and configured correctly.
Failed to execute (CreateEnterpriseGeodatabase).
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
To run the Create Enterprise Geodatabase tool, you must make a direct connection to the database. Connecting directly to a database requires that you have the DBMS client files on the connecting client. See Setting up a connection to PostgreSQL (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//002p0000003q000000). If your PostgreSQL database cluster is already set up to accept remote connections, you just need to follow the first three steps on that topic to get the client files placed in the bin directory of the ArcGIS client.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
To run the Create Enterprise Geodatabase tool, you must make a direct connection to the database. Connecting directly to a database requires that you have the DBMS client files on the connecting client. See Setting up a connection to PostgreSQL (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//002p0000003q000000). If your PostgreSQL database cluster is already set up to accept remote connections, you just need to follow the first three steps on that topic to get the client files placed in the bin directory of the ArcGIS client.
0 Kudos
geogeekgeogeek
Occasional Contributor
i've tried PgAgent found in Stack builder for 86x but i hasn't worked, i know that i should download these files "pg_client_windows64" and "pg_client_windows86" from custom care portal, but i haven't Access to custom care portal , can any one share these installers to download them , i know that my request is little weird but i have some time issues and limitations.
0 Kudos
aichaous
Deactivated User

hi could you please send me these files :pg_client_windows64 and pg_client_windows86

here is my email :aicha.ousrhire@gmail.com

thank you so much in advance

0 Kudos
geogeekgeogeek
Occasional Contributor
thanks a lot kpeter for the Steps , it was very useful .
0 Kudos